"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Dream Escape



Usually I forget most of my dreams!

Sometimes though images are so strong that their impressions remain,

However small it is.

Last night’s dream was also something like that.

Couple of short beautiful images-

Under the evening sky, in Nature’s garden few mature trees full of spring flowers,

Created a tranquil Ashram like atmosphere. 

Surrounded by trees I was alone yet without any sense of being alone.

Calm and peaceful was the place under the dim light of evening sun.  

In a bowl I collected those flowers. 

Colorful, and vibrant! I remember some bright yellows!

Every petal bursting with a silent joy, lending colors to the evening

moving towards the darkness of night.  

Come to think of it, did I experience their fragrance? Not sure!

But their sight was enough to create a serenity that one experiences,

Surrounded by the beauty of nature. 

The next image was as natural as the first one!

My eyes gazing upon the two small images to make an offering of flowers.

I do not remember the images clearly but felt a sense of devotion towards them.

Their oblique and opaque structure beyond the grasp of my thoughts or words!


Savita Tyagi


March 26th 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment