"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter


At the onslaught of winter stripped of their possessions trees stand in silent prayer.
Grey clouds hang low just above the black trees as if to kiss them goodbye
The milky white glow of moon creates a longing
Is it possible to reach out to unknown?
I get no answer in that cold and still night.
Flowers huddled together still spread their fragrance
Soon the merciless frost of winter will kill the bloom.
Gofers in my backyard have created mounds of dirt to settle deep in warm earth.
Standing by the door I watch a little spider struggling to sneak through-
It spreads a chill in my spine.
When and where life will close its door upon us?
In the rush of life the question gets pushed aside
Like the unopened junk mail on kitchen table.
I turn my thoughts to burning flames of fireplace
The warmth of life circulates in room with an orange glow
      Comforting and reassuring-
Come spring life will shower again its grace upon my back yard
Returning with fresh flowers, fruits and leaves.

3 comments:

  1. spring...rejuvenation of life..
    interesting poem..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reetu. I am glad you liked it.

      Delete
    2. My heartiest thanks to all of you who have taken time to visit my blog and have liked to poems. your appreciation means a lot. Wish you all a very happy new year with love joy and peace.

      Savita Tyagi

      Delete