"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An Amazing Flight





















Perched high on a tree branch roosts the bird alone.
Her flock scattered across the valley
Some flying high in sky, some gathering seeds on ground
Her eyes roll over to green meadows
Her thoughts venture into the largeness of sky
Nothing ties her to the old tree branch except the memories reverberating in her heart.
Her nest once full with chirping sound of her offspring
Carries the sound of her own voice like that of a stranger
She watched the blue sky and the golden sun
Saw the hazy clouds floating above the solitary hills
 Felt the rustle of wind in her feathers
And decided it was time to fly across the meadows beyond the sunset
But the weight of memories was too heavy
She touched the nest with her beak
Laid her memories gently to rest and flew away free.
Circling the sky and gliding gracefully with spread out wings
The flight was amazing since the bird flew light.

3 comments:

  1. Ma, I absolutely LOVE this poem! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Love the poem! V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanya for your comment and for visiting the blog.

      Delete