"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Friday, June 24, 2011

What Is Love

Love is a habit
Love is a need
Love is a heartache
Love is a dream
Love is a touch of soft breeze on a sweat-covered face
A can of soda on a sultry day
Love is a longing of ecstasy sweet
Sharing of a pillow and a whisper
Are you asleep?
Love is quiet comfort with hearts align
Or a bubbly laughter with beer and wine
Love is hope
Love is illusion
Love is all this and so much more
Most of all love is a promise to self 
To submit to life and its urge to live
A continuum to honor and an ending to kneel.
Love is Life.

This is for all who believe in love and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment