"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Grand Daughter


On a lovely spring day from clear skies 
A ray of sunshine descended on an apartment- a little baby doll.
Darkness shrinks away from her bright smile.
Wisps of black silky hair cover her tiny head.
Her peachy white cheeks are so tender to touch,
And her little cherry nose sucking the energy from universe, is set gently just above the rosy lips.
Dancing in her head behind her closed eyelids are the visions of starry universe;
Her mouth twitches in her sleep with a wondrous smile holding the secret of that delightful world,
Some call is a muscle contraction; I call it a playful blessing of Invisible to shower joy upon the onlookers.
It fills parental hearts in humble reverence for receiving such a lovely gift,
When she squeezes their adult finger placed upon her delicate hands.
Sitting beside her as if held by a magnet,
They marvel at the intricate design of Nature, so unique and yet so much like their own.
From eternity beyond life has been molding in ever-new pieces-
When ever two hearts meet in love giving an expression to their heart beat.
Each sapling- individual, precious, like made to order with precise specifications.
How the mysterious bonds of love get transferred from one heart to another- nobody knows
The flesh, the blood, the bone and the marrow all breathe in harmony
Bearing a stamp of delicate rhythm that exists in Universe invisible, unknown yet always in its working.

No comments:

Post a Comment