"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Morning Tea

 Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company. ~Author Unknown




















There is nothing more satisfying and soothing than the ritual of morning tea.
Now that the movement of time and its connection to outside world have lost much of its significance,
I make my tea and a toast with leisure and sit on my favorite chair to enjoy it.
I feel the rays of rising sun knocking on my front door.
The oval shape glass lets the rays fall on my west wall where it fractures in the rainbow of colors.
Two shoes of light with rainbow borders
Riding on those shoes I could reach to the palace of joy.
From my west window I look out in the back yard
It takes few seconds for my puzzled mind to realize
That the little mist rising from an empty flower pot
Is nothing but the faint reflection of steam rising from my tea cup
Slowly I detect the golden out line of a shoulder wrap and an invisible hand with its robotic movement in the air.
I felt like a detective who has just unearthed a treasure hidden from every body’s eyes.
Living in the city I can not watch the mist rising from the hill top
But the shadowy view on the window with mist rising from flowerpot is no less heavenly.


After the dead of winter the backyard is coming to life.
The tree branches still bare of leaves are adorned with thousands of clusters of yellowish brown beady strands.
Morning breeze gives them a gentle shake
And they dangle and sparkle like long earrings around the faces of beautiful ladies.
The sun puts a spark of life on every thing.
Sitting on my chair drinking tea, my heart dances with the squirrel running from tree to grass and back to tree branches again.
The music festivals and spring dances of countryside are long lost in my memory
But listening and watching birds singing and flying out in the backyard is music to my ears now.
It takes about ten minutes to drink my tea.
Ten minutes of pure pleasure silently showered upon my heart
While fulfilling my most basic need
That I wouldn’t trade with any thing

No comments:

Post a Comment