"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Candle

Written by Roopa Sharma
A candle burns
By the window
In a dark corner.
The soft bright glow casts a halo on the wall.

Outside,
The wind blows...fierce wind
The candle flickers,
It sees its shadow - shaky, hesitant, unstable
determined to light up the corner,
It burns steadily...

People...lot of people
Smiling, laughing, happy faces...
They are dancing
Holding each other
The candle longs to dance - swaying softly.
They are singing,
Joyous songs
The candle melts with the sound of music
Drop by drop
Yet glows brightly.

Night falls
And people leave
A couple dances in the shadow
Then they disappear
Leaving a faint whiff of fragrance
Across the hall.
* * * *
Burning alone,
The candle looked at its bright reflection on the wall
And saw,
What it felt all along,
That,
It has been burning from both ends
All night long. 
Roopa Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment