"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Resolution




















Lying on the sofa I listen to others talk all day
But couldn’t spare a moment to listen to my own sound.
I went to theater to watch others act and dance
Came home happy and never regretted that I forgot to learn the rhythm of my own body.
Other day went to museum and looked at the arts and paintings of the famous
But took no time out to create my own picture.
Opened the computer and read the opinions and critiques with great intensity
But my own thoughts were undetected and untouched moving in an out swiftly
Like people hurrying in and out of revolving door.
Whatever little I did got wiped out with time’s duster leaving some hazy lines on my mantel.
The day was fervid with indulgence.
Later in the day I sat in patio
The indolence of the day started to disappear like the shadowy sketches of leaves vanishing one by one from patio wall with the setting of sun.
The night fell and hours moved in unbroken dark silence
Leaving an uneasy impression upon me  
Aimlessly I watched the moon and stars.
It was their turn to create a design on night’s black board
Even though it will get wiped out tomorrow.
All of a sudden I couldn’t wait for dawn to break.
When morning comes,
I will reopen the empty canvas of my life under the sun’s golden rays
And paint with colors of dawn
A picture of my sound, my rhythm and of my movements
And offer it to eternity to save on the Facebook of its grand design
As I drifted in to sleep a resolution floated around me like a faint light beam floating in the room.    



No comments:

Post a Comment