"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Our Hopes For Today


Life is a bucket with a hole at the bottom.
It always looks so full as we deposit
Our share of little drops of love and hope,
Frustrating as we add to it our share of
Despair and suffering common to us all.

Though it all may seep out from the life-bucket,
Still a small droplet of hope clings at the bottom,
Stubbornly refusing to be washed out.

Hope for a little more understanding among
All who have come to inhabit this planet.
Innumerable souls housed in the bodies of many
Color and forms sharing one goal of a peaceful life.

Our wishes float like the luminous drops of water
Reflected with moonbeams by a muddy pond
Igniting calls for the aesthetic beauty of life
To be shared by all.

Our hope is for a just society and our demand
Is for sincere and compassionate leaders,
Not for the ones who think and behave
As if the life is created for the partnership
Of dominant and dominated.

Savita Tyagi

6. 2. 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment