"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Sunday, December 24, 2023

Seasons's greetings

 “I am the living body of his light,

I am the thinking instrument of his power,

I incarnate Wisdom in an earthly breast,

I am his conquering and unslayable will.

The formless Spirit drew in me its shape;

In me are the Nameless and the secret name.’’

************

My heart is wiser than the Reason’s thoughts,

My heart is stronger than thy bonds, O Death.

It sees and feels the one Heart beat in all,

It feels the high Transcendent’s sunlike hands,

It sees the cosmic Spirit at its work;

In the dim Night it lies alone with God.


My heart’s strength can carry the grief of the universe

And never falter from its luminous track,

Its white tremendous orbit through God’s peace.

It can drink up the sea of All-Delight

And never lose the white spiritual touch,

The calm that broods in the deep infinite.”


Sri Aurobindo- Savitri book X: Canto III


Wish you all peace, joy and strength for this Christmas and a happy New Year 2024.


Savita Tyagi


Dec, 24, 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment