"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Thursday, May 14, 2020

The Great Peace

The Great Peace

I am not sick-
Just feel like a siphon-
The sap of life drains out 
From every pore of my skin.

The soul is said to be the size of a thumb.
What is the size of this Life force?
Without it, the blood is blackened
Yet the bodyweight is stupendous!

Desires still burn at my heart
Like a small flame burns
At the bottom of a smoldering log.

Oh! How I wish to muster enough strength
To walk and walk and walk and walk.....
And drop dead somewhere under the stars.
But fear stops me...... 

In this crazy world
Some vigilante will call the police 
And instead of reaching heavens 
I will end up in a hospital - a place just 
Next to hell!

I love outdoors for what it offers
To my bruised mind and tired soul.
The azure sky and the floating clouds,
The chirping of birds and the kid’s laughter
Bring life back to my weak limbs.

A stray dog keeps my senses alert,
At the first look of those vicious eyes 
I change the route with eagle’s speed!
I am not a dog or cat lover! 
But love people with all my heart!

I live in plains but to visit occasionally 
Snow-covered mountains and tranquil lakes,
Take short hikes and watch the valley beneath,
It is indeed as marvelous as viewing heavens on earth.
So if I fall dead somewhere on a snowy road
That would be just as beautiful as the final abode!

Before I die, maybe, just maybe .....
I will visit again the Pacific shore.
Take a walk by the beach or drive on highway 101
Who knows; the vast turquoise sea
Of limitless depth and restless waves
May invite me to rest in its cold
And comforting lap.
Transcend me to that auburn horizon 
Where the sun sets peacefully on life-
On Pacific - the Namesake of Great Peace!


1. 6. 2020. 3. 30 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment