"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Good Friday

Good Friday,
A divine spirit sacrifices,
It’s life forsaken for the good of humanity.

It’s a heart filled with love and compassion
It’s courage and forbearance inspires
And uplifts others. 

That is what humans do
When their life is transformed 
By the touch of divinity.

Their spirits glow fearlessly,
To send a message of love and hope to all
Again and again, such spirits descend.

On the alter of life their sacrifice
Brings meaning to life,
For the love and for the good of all.

Spirit of Good Friday is well and alive,
See it in the faces of all, working tirelessly 
To protect us all.

See it in the face of a doctor,
See it in the face of a nurse, a health care worker
See it in the face, standing behind a grocery counter.

See it in the faces of all
Who at the time of crisis

Rise to challenge and carry the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment