"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Saturday, May 2, 2020

A Universal Selfie



At times I just want to live for myself.
But what is It that I am living for?
The question puzzles me!
My own self seems to be divided 
Never completely my own to possess.

Living for myself is like living for a mirrored self.
It shows my frontal appearance
But never what is hidden in the back,
Living for my mirrored self is like  
Enjoying only a half cup of tea
And leaving the kettle untouched!

I search and search for my complete self
To know and to live united in my own being.
But I fail to grasp it. 
It’s never wholly mine.
Away from my mirrored self
I search for myself in others.

I can’t claim wholly to live for others,
I can’t lose myself in the infinite number of selves.
But living for others is like watching and acting  
In the infinite mirrors of Universal Life.
Each one shows a part of myself.
The shared hues of life’s little pains and pleasures
Become more acceptable, more enjoyable.

My little self is center of my universe
But the worldwide scattered selves
Mirror my whole self.
A Universal Selfie - as good as it gets! 

Savita Tyagi


4. 1. 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment