"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

August 15th

Today is August 15th. 

India’s Independence Day 

It is also the birthday of Sri Aurobindo.

A freedom fighter, spiritual yogi

Philosopher and a great poet.


During the time when India was

Struggling for its freedom 

His writings inspired millions.

He fought not only for Independence,

But also for the spiritual freedom of India.

In the advancement of Indian spirituality

His works leave a lasting legacy.


May we always be under the grace of 

Mother India and Sri Aurobindo

May the chains of slavery

Never clank around our feet.

May we always be blessed with

Freedom of mind, body, and spirit.


Written on August 15th, 2020


Savita Tyagi

 

No comments:

Post a Comment