"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Unfinished Task



This strange sense of unfulfilled task
Occupies my mind and spare time.
Standing behind a solid wall-
Not capable of breaking the barrier-
Not able to take next step-
I ponder over my inadequacies. 
An arrogant will not aware of limited capacity
Heeds not any wise counseling 
Flies high on waxed wings!

You who brought that light of life out from your dark womb
My restlessness to receive    that light
Peels away the norms of satisfactory life.
Darkness encircles me
My best is never enough
Even to cast a dim light
Upon the dark corners of my heart.
O! World O! life
This search, this cry seems imbecilic 
Yet this sense of unfinished business
Lingers in my broken bones.
Like a waterless Cloud with silvery skin 
And grey passions, I weather the storm.
This strange sense increases day by day
Even in dreams it doesn't leave. 
But a hope I cherish with each breath.
I hear the words inaudible 
Inciting me every morning-
Walk on roads unmarked
Stand at the edge of broken clouds
Search for ever new patterns 
Touch the faces unrecognizable. 
Across each writing that seems ambiguous and ill-legible
Feel the sense implied,
Connect with its  synergy
To find a way, to learn and to know what is hidden
Away from eyes.
Get rid of this diminished sense of worth
That vitiates you from living.
Be happy 
Be satisfied 
That you can still dream
Still walk 
And still explore.....
So take the next step.......
And move into unknown..... 
In the setting of evening sun
See the jagged clouds 
Dazzling like diamonds.

7.13. 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment