"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Yoga Of Work

First aim of work is for survival.
Second is to satisfy our ego.
Third is to fulfill responsibility .
Fourth is to enjoy work itself.

In first stage is hidden the path of 
Artha or prosperity that is attained
By working towards survival and 
Fulfillment of life's basic needs.

The second fulfills the Kama or desire,
Achieved through excellence in work,
And having pride and glory of success.
A luminous summit for ego's satisfaction.

The third path leads to love and righteousness. 
Goal of Dharma- expressed through work.
Work that is selflessly performed for others
Out of love, devotion and duty.

Work in its final stage brings liberation, 
When work is enjoyed for its own sake.
That is Moksha - enjoying life simply through
Taking part in it and enjoying its movement.

The four noble aims of life are fulfilled
By staying on path of Karma or action.
This world is a place for action. 
 It is Geeta's Dharmkshetra and Kurukshetra.
This yoga of work is the Vedic Yagna, 
Performed every day by all of us in life.

Note: In its teachings Geeta places high value on performing actions. All our actions progressively bring joy and happiness in life through various ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment