"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Pillar Sound ( Sthambh Naad )

In sleep from deep with in 
Words resonate like a mantra
And disappear in a blink.

Like a sound coming from a pillar.
En echo coming from a mountain, 
Or a thunder breaking the clouds.

Awaken I repeat the words, 
In lingering bliss full silence. 

Soon it vanishes from mind
Like waves returning to sea.
Stirred and fascinated I remain at shore.

Mystified and in awe of you
' I see you from my hiding place '
(छुप छुप कर मैं देखती तुझको) 

Too weak to know you  
Yet you are there
Night and day with me.

You are the (Jyotir Linga- ज्योतिर्लिंग) 
Pillar of fire that none can see its end or beginning. 
You are the lion face Narsingh- नरसिंह. 
Coming out of pillar to kill Hirnakashyap (हिरणाकश्यप) 
Giving protection to Prahlaad (प्रह्लाद) .

You are there for us in time eternal.

4.19. 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment