"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Restless

“Thy peace, O Lord, a boon within to keep 
Amid the roar and ruin of wild Time
For the magnificent soul of man on earth. 
Thy calm, O Lord, that bears thy hands of joy.
Limitless like ocean round a lonely isle”. ( Sri Aurobindo - Savitri )


Restless

Peace! where have you vanished?
What chased you away from the mind?

Summer is about to end its course
Falling acorns break the midday silence
Autumn breeze tosses brown leaves into the air 
Scattered on ground wrinkled and curled.

Little squirrels chase each other down from a tree
The one on the lawn chair nibbles on an acorn - carefree
Her cautious eyes looking straight into my eyes
She senses a familiarity in my figure slight
Careful but not fearful is her demeanor.

A monarch came to rest upon a rose bush
Wilted and scorched from Summer's heat
A patch of white cloud floats in the blue sky
Beneath it, a morning dove glides high.

Nature is restive and calm for a downturn
Though restless is mind for no reason
O! Peace! Where have you gone to hide!
Come back and reign this tumultuous tide.



writer’s note: One thing Bhagavad Geeta talks about is Param Shanti ( peace of highest kind ). It is a boon reflected in the above quote of Sri Aurobindo. However in our life often there are moments when even a little peace becomes elusive. My poem above reflects on one such moment of uneasiness. It was written some time back but never posted on the blog. On February 21st our Sri Aurobindo Bhagavad Geeta study group celebrated Mother’s birthday. While reading their spiritual writings above quote was recited and it reminded me of my humble forgotten poem expressing the other side of the coin. Today I post it as a tribute to that great soul whose writings have brought so much peace.    

No comments:

Post a Comment