"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

This Diwali


On this Diwali day why every thing feels just the same
Has the spirit of jubilation left my side?
Autumn winds have left accept that prevailing cold
Morning rain has littered the yard with fallen leaves
Wet brown and yellow leaves want to tell the story of bygone spring
Springing from dirt we reside back in dirt
Life seems to be in remission on this side of hemisphere
Serene autumn moon with its milky hallo recedes day by day
Tonight the cloudy moonless sky wonders about the twinkling lights upon earth
Is the celebration beneath is in harmony with darkness above
Cycle of nature points towards dissolution of life
Not its victory over inertia
Yet goodness may prevail in submission of soul
The supreme spirit that reins over all seasons
Submit to its celebration is the message being relayed here
Light a Diya to honor it
Let a pious ray of light shine upon heart
To sustain a dark mood
Wish for a divine blessing to fall upon all.
Wish all a happy Diwali.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment