"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Saturday, October 9, 2021

A Dream Experience And It’s Impressions I

 Last night's dream was awfully unusual, 

Something I rarely have experienced.

Death and destruction not of Nature's 

But the casualties caused by humans.


Heartless, robot-like cruel humans, 

Striking adults with black cannons, 

Smashing babies like clay figures.

Body parts scattered everywhere.


Amid all that chaos stood my 

Frozen, cold face, stone-like figure, 

Devoid of any grief or sadness, 

Or the slightest frantic awareness. 

 

Though in all honesty, I should have been

Trembling and moaning with eyes closed

Unable to wake up from that horrible dream

But nothing like that of sort happened.


Waking consciousness took over eventually.

Reconstructing the dream I became fearful.

Recollecting my frozen icy expression, 

How should I think of that mental regression? 


Does it resemble our mostly quiet lifestyle

Partly brought upon with advancing years, 

When deprived of new life adventures, 

Calm mind descends into eon collections? 


Free and unhindered it plays in its own scenarios, 

Or is it that I have become immune to suffering, 

Of death, destruction, gunshots and bomb blasts

All kinds of horror act known for happenings? 


It causes no emotional disturbance or

Personal impact when seen from a distance

Is it emotional maturity or lack of empathy? 

A horrible state of mind to be in certainly.


To lose compassion for pain and suffering! 

To become a neutral witness of dying babies! 

Oh! Lord! Please never, never let me become 

Such a person not even in my dreams.


Let me remain a human with a grieving heart, 

Extending a helping hand whenever I could. 

Let me not be without the love and empathy

That connects us all from farthest of distance.


Let this dream not be the indication of what 

Lies there, beyond the time, called golden years 

When life transforms me into a heartless

Stone cold figure in a fragile cage of bones.

Savita Tyagi

Written on August 27th 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment