"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Getting Lost In The Thicket Of Poetry


It is poetry
It is mystic, 
It is mesmerizing,
It is the Yogic Triad
Reaching the depths,
Unknown!
From the time ancient -
It is indelible!

It is the seeking of Self
Searching for its own Self!

It is reading Emily Dickinson,
Isha Upanishad, 
And Bhagavad Geeta side by side,
And getting lost in the thicket of their world!

Isha Upanishad

Sunless are those worlds
And enveloped in blind gloom
Where all they in their passing, resort to 
Who are the slayers of their Souls.

Bhagavad Geeta

One should sublimate and deliver the Self by the Self
One should not depress and cast down the Self
For the Self is the friend of Self,
The self itself is the enemy of Self.

Emily Dickinson

The Soul unto itself
Is an imperial friend -
Or the most agonizing spy -
An enemy - could send -
No treason it can fear -
Itself - it’s Sovereign - of itself
The Soul should stand in Awe -

Sometime back I came across this poem of Emily Dickinson. Instantly I was reminded of the Shlok of Isha Upanishad, and of Bhagavad Geeta and decided to write them side by side.

Isha Upanishad - Shlok 3
Bhagavad Geeta - Chapter 6  Shlok 5 
Emily Dickinson - The Soul Unto Itself












No comments:

Post a Comment