"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

A Plant Succulent

Life without poetry and literature is
Like a sheet of cake without icing.
So dull and colorless.
My thoughts like sugar sprinklers
Decorate my cake.
Blessed we are to be given a packet
So uniquely filled to enrich our lives.
Oh! But my packet is getting empty!
Content all used!
Much of it lost or wasted in my folly.

In my hour of desperation 
Someone touches me softly.
Points me to some new yawning.
Look around! Look hard!
Remove the wrapping!
Dig deeper!
Not all your shelves are empty!
There is still so much you haven’t used.
Be innovative! Be creative!

Well, maybe it is right in front of my eyes,
But, I just can’t find it!

A Voice assures me again.
Have you ever seen a succulent plant? 
Deep within you is a Being just like that plant. 
Rising upon a dry hard surface
It draws its sustenance from distant sources.
Like from a pipeline invisible,
Riches of life siphon from it,
Drop by drop for you to collect.

Trust yourself!
When you feel obtuse 
Like a plant succulent 
It is there to enrich your life.
Always, till your last mortal breath.

  


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment