"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Ward off The Reckless Demands!


It is good to land a listening ear
To someone genuinely in pain 
Even more wonderful to give
A helping hand to one in need.

But to swallow the venom of 
Malicious minds poured upon
Your heart and lose your own
Peace of mind is unhealthy.

Don’t be the one standing at the 
Middle of a mudslinging game where
For each miss you get a hit, pretty
Soon covered with the mud allover.

Compassion is not a perfunctory 
And superficial curtesy. Be genuine
In your speech and actions and strong
Enough to ward off reckless demands.



1. 22. 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment