"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Life River

River of life flows calmly ‘mid plains.
Alluvium of grief and joy settle at the bottom.  
An intense emptiness stretches upon surface.
Ripples of memory circle out gingerly to create a stir.
It crashes thunderously at the mouth of ocean.
The deep breast of ocean fragments it to disperse,
On the beach, in the air, under the sunshine.
A new rhythmic motion takes place beyond stars.
The agile Cosmic Energy fashions life
From pliable matter again and again.
My petty joy and grief and stretched out emptiness 
Feels so small in this vast process 

Yet enormously big to drown me in!

No comments:

Post a Comment