"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Live in a world of strife and still think of it as one family!


How can we adopt to this mysterious principle 
Of oneness of universe!
So widely spoken by all leaders in religion
As well as in politics and economics.
Spoken on all social levels
But never believed to be followed. 
Really what were our ancients thinking!
Live in a world of strife and still think of it as one family!
So I ponder on it and this is what I stumble upon!

We all expect fights to happen in family 
And we expect all to make it up 
Simply because it is a family. 
Like a river, identity of family is of a continuous change
And so are worldly relationships.
So when you think of world wars 
And peace treaties among our leaders
Think of a fight broken among family members
Of greater hierarchy!
Few crack members of family insinuate fight
And the world goes topsy-turvy! 
Sooner or later they come to their senses
And talk about peace and 
Will go on living as leaders of world peace!
But not before millions are made
Homeless, orphaned or 
Or buried in nameless graves!

Savita Tyagi

1. 3. 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment