"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

When A Dream Overlaps Reality

It's been two days since I had a dream
Still I can't shake it from memory's stream
It wasn't about any out of the world activity
Yet morning buzzed with its connectivity.

In my bedroom with sleepy eyesight 
I stepped into glory of morning sun light
First awareness was of a loud conversation
Floating in kitchen like small altercation.

What took place between father and son
Soon alerted me to its familiar content
Wait a minute! I thought to myself puzzled
Didn't I just dreamed a similar conversation.

Only it was between mother and a son
All morning I was in amazement 
Thinking of that lucid dream
And it's clear premonition.

A muffled play of what was to come
In nature's finest instrument at works
I am no expert on matters of subconscious
Strange is its nonconformity to time's dimensions.

How it comes into shady existence 
And why it disappears for reality to begin
I have no answer to all these questions
But to experience the phenomena once in a while.

It's mystique so charming and sublime
Even a confused mingling of two planes
Just leaves me in wonder and dazed 
At the mysteries of mind's power untamed.


12.30 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment