"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Closed For Business

The government shuts down!
Politicians who refuse to negotiate
With hostage takers and pirates
Hold their own president
And country’s welfare hostage
To enforce their own will
Demanding ransom beyond imagination
Height of hypocrisy!
Young politicians and their marathon podium high jacking!
What a waste of time and public resources
Ideals of democracy clutched in power hungry hands
The statue of Freedom sheds tears
Above capital dome
Little red riding hood watch out
Many wolfs out there in Grandma’s clothing
Your soldier friend is on furlough!
Grandma’s house isn’t secure any more!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment