"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Cherub Descends

Lovely day for a Cherub to descend!
Muses get your Cithara out!
Roses bloom and Robin sings
Shaisha stands guard
Where lies the baby Kumar
Parvati shaped him
With turmeric and gold
Silvery dust of moon to adorn
Like a pink cotton candy
His is a beauty to behold
Unmatched in his velour
Pride and joy of his mother
Stands tall with his father
Oh! The waiting grand parents
Not to mention uncle and aunts
So anxious to dole out
A hug and a kiss to blow out
Waiting! waiting! waiting!
An angel is descending

Well! Well! Well!
The bundle of joy is here
May God bless him 
With all the love and care

With hugs and kisses
Happy Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment