"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Poetry


Countless poems
Like butterflies held tenderly in poet’s heart
With colors of joy and gladness
Mingled with grief and sadness
Kindled sketches of subtle thoughts
And obscured imaginations
Abstract philosophies
And obsolete ideologies
Songs of love and vanity
Broken promises
Wounded emotions
War and revolution
Hopes and dreams
Till he decides to reconcile
And let them fly
Upon their delicate wings
To seek new destinations
To be free to meet or merge in new voice
To find its place upon an open palm
Or be caught in the web of a dream catcher
Fly lonely upon a cactus flower
Or be out there to breathe the garden beauty
Some time a poet has to bid adieu to his poetry
Just to be free
Just to be him or her.


2 comments:

  1. a poet is never free from the imagination he holds,...it is with him all the time and reflects everywhere..
    nice lines aunty..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ritu for visiting the blog. Yes our thoughts and imagination is always there. That is why it is difficult to be free.

      Delete