"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Morning Walk


 Nice cool breeze of morning
Gentle sunshine spreading much needed energy
The weariness and lethargic mood crushed under light footsteps
The morning with all its richness and vigor was mine to enjoy
After walk I stood in my back patio to do some stretching
With each stretch I felt the breath, the light breeze, the tweeting birds and the presence of green trees and blue sky.
As I eased myself into slow motion and even breathe
Still aware of words and thoughts taking shape in mind
Something happened
Just a moment or rather a split moment of distinct awareness
The flow of breath, the noise of gentle wind, the movement in blue sky
The words shaping my thoughts were lost or coalesced in to one existence
Strangely I was fully aware of that harmony
Mind experienced a still moment that could easily have gotten lost in the chain of thoughts
But it didn’t
Instead it left a powerful and intense impression
A sort of meditative sense of unity
It disappeared as quickly as it appeared
The next moment consciousness returned to duality
The first thing I felt or heard was the air in my nostrils
Next the breathing, the gentle breeze, the commotion of morning
The conversational mind, all were back
The world in front of me
With all its multiplicity and diversity was beautiful and real
And so was the joy of every day life.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/20/2012

    very good blog savitaji. I read it as it was shared byseema bhatt gupta.
    keep writing and keep blogging.

    I also have a blog drpuneetagrawal.blogspot.in

    if you like jokes and humor you are welcome.
    puneet agrawal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr. Puneet Agrawal for visiting and liking the blog. I am going to visit your blog for sure. Not only like we all need humor.

      Delete