"Some days when I am able to pick a pen and write, I know I have been blessed."~Savita

Welcome to my blog. In my quiet hours I seek to touch the depth of myself and my surroundings. My thoughts that take form of poetry are just the scratches on the surface of life as it reveals to me. Wrapped in a delicate veil of symbolism and ambiguity these verses and expressions also fulfill my desire to share a bit of my self with others. I hope reading them would be as enjoyable for you as writing them has been for me.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Short Meditation

Benevolent spirit of forest!
Let me be the resting place of your habitat
Let me have the honor
To enhance your comfort for tired and desolate.
When the little hatch lings fly out of your chamber of greens-
Blind and disoriented,
Their delicate wings too weak to take them across a long journey
Their instincts in despair to measure the depth of earth
Or the limitless  sky above,
Let my shoulders be the resting place for their flight.
Oh! How I will cherish to my hearts’ delight
The company of that little guest even for a split second.

When the morning dew bathes the flowers fresh
And robin greets the sun,
I see a monarch butterfly take off from a rose petal
For a journey unknown to me.
Please let her rest on my belly just of a moment.
Let her fill me with the wonder of life pulsating through her wings.

Let my hand be the one to assist you
In your burden of forest to grow and to nurture.
At the end of my ephemeral stay
Let me linger awhile
Under those copper leaves to feel
That one last touch of existence.
Then and there let my breath mingle
With the breath of forest that envelops all.
Before I descend into ground
To float around the periphery of time and space
Under sun's luminous rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment